Good morning & happy Tuesday. I apologise for going a bit MIA last week on the blog, but it was such a busy week with wedding activities and appointments that the blog had to take a backseat.
I think that working two jobs and planning a wedding is really starting to take its toll on me and I actually needed to take a minute to regroup and refocus to gain some clarity and get through the next two months in the most productive and effective way. It got me thinking about the different changes I have made this year to help me cope, essentially, and not become over stressed or go backwards with my eating and mental health. I’ve listed 5 of my favourite changes, which have helped me so much this year.
- Gratitude journal – Every morning I write 3 things that i’m grateful for in my gratitude journal. You can do it morning or evening, just write down 3 things that you are grateful for each day. I find it best to do small things, like a great morning coffee or the sun shining in your window, time spent with family or friends, a good book – what are the small things that make you happy and appreciate life. As the weeks and months go on, it will become such a sacred 5 minutes to sit down and have gratitude, you also become much clearer on the things that make you happy and it begins to completely change your mindset.
- Affirmations – I do this just after doing my gratitude journal but again you can do it whenever. Just take a few minutes to yourself to write down or even speak aloud those mantras and affirmations to help you stay in that positive mindset. Things like, I am healthy, I am happy, I am loved, I am successful and then you can go into more detail and combine your affirmations with your goals. I feel that affirmations can really help you change your perception of your self. When you are constantly telling yourself you can happy and strong and successful, you will begin to feel it, and attract it too.
- Morning meditation – I try to do a quick morning meditation everyday even if just for 5 minutes as it helps bring clarity. However, more recently i’ve been doing a lot more guided meditation and it has helped me a lot because I can spend more time to focus and really connect with the meditation rather than rushing it. I just find them on Youtube mostly, and now I seriously look forward to doing them, because I actually take the time out and relax rather than rushing around trying to fit everything in.
- Diffuser – last year I finally bought a diffuser, mostly because I was having bad sinus issues but this year I really started to look into using it for different benefits like stress relief, helping me sleep, and scent my house in a safer way. I often change the scent throughout the day like I use lavender to sleep, or lemongrass and eucalyptus I like to do in the morning to wake me up. They have so many great uses and I really think starting to sue it properly has helped me manage stress and become way more relaxed, especially in the evenings.
- Routines – Last but certainly not least, routines! They are so important to me and I like to change them with what i’m focusing on at that time. For example, just now I am focusing a lot on health and my skin because the wedding is coming up so I like to keep my morning & night time routine as chilled and easy as possible. When I don’t have a huge work or life event I may do more exercise or cram more in to my routines, but just now it’s mostly beauty focused so it helps me stay clear to the goal at hand and not become overwhelmed. I believe that when we have a set morning and night time routines it helps you become the most productive you can be and have as much clarity as possible during the busier times and days in our lives.
I hope you enjoyed this kind of post and found it at least a little helpful.
I promise to be back tomorrow with my usual Wedding Wednesday blog!