The past few days have felt really strange because its only mid February yet this weekend it truly felt like spring. This time last year we were snowed in and this week we are due to have 15 degrees and sunshine! I love Spring, so of course I can’t wait but I feel very unprepared in terms of Spring shopping as the stores have only just started to bring out their new season and due to the flu I had I felt like haven’t been able to have a proper look.
However I spent yesterday going through all my favourite high street stores picking out some of the best pieces to help transition into the new season. I have listed my 5 essentials below.
- A light coloured and lightweight knit is the perfect transitional piece as it’s still practical yet the colour helps to give off a lighter more airy vibe compared to a chunky dark knit.
- A lightweight coat! I have the checked/suede version of this River Island Trench and I have been wearing it almost everyday last week. It’s great for work as it’s classic and smart and keeps you warmer than just a blazer as you can layer knitwear under but I also wore it this weekend, with just a t-shirt under and it worked perfectly. I also love the tan suede, great with whites and nudes, my favourite transitional palette.
- White Denim is my next essential, and even though I wear white all throughout winter, I know a lot of people can’t as it’s just not practical due to weather. So now is the perfect time to buy some white skinnies and pair with a tan biker or blush knit to get those Spring vibes,
- Cropped Khaki utility jacket – I have seen these every where this season, last year I had to get mine from Amazon as I couldn’t find any in the spring. I love a utility jacket in the spring as it works so well as a lightweight cover up and just fits in with every look, perfect with white jeans or a skirt or even a floaty dress. You can also layer them up with knitwear and a t-shirt to keep some warmth if needed.
- Snake Print Western Boots! I’m sure you know how much I love my Snake print boots, but I also love western boots, so these are a match made in heaven. The low cut is great for transitioning because you can wear with so many different looks, like white skinny jeans, normal denim, dresses or skirts. You can keep the look form being too summery as you are still wearing a boot, whilst giving off an unexpected twist with the snake print.
CLICK ON THE ITEMS ABOVE OR BELOW TO SHOP MY 5 TRANSITIONAL FAVOURITES
Thank you as always for reading and have a wonderful week,