Zara Mini | Boots (also love these) | Gap Tee | Pink Blazer (Only £20!) | Gucci Dionysus | Ray Ban Sunnies |
I don't know how many times I've talked about the struggle of transitioning into a different season. The weather is off, it's freezing in the mornings but warm in the afternoons and you genuinely have no idea of what to wear.
For the past few weeks i've been compiling all my inspiration on Pinterest and decided to pull together my top picks of pieces for the next few months.
- Leather - whether it be a jacket, shorts, or skirt, you can still wear with your legs out like I have above, but keep warm and autumnal looking. Swaying away from summery floatly materials, a structured leather piece will carry you through the transitional season.
- Denim - An oversized denim jacket or those classic levi's will be your best friend at this time of year. Add a chunky sweater to your denim skirt or that oversized jacket on top of a dress, it instantly adds warmth and takes away from the look being too mid-summer.
- Statement Blazers - Again you can add one over any simple and classic look, Levis and a white tee with a statement blush blazer is the perfect look to take you from Summer into September. if you're heading out for the night, add a strappy barely there sandal and you are good to go.
- Combat Boots - There's nothing I love more than a pair of chunky boots with a mini skirt or dress. A pair of Docs is the perfect way to add an autumnal edge to your girly floral dress. Also try them with a mini skirt and cropped chunky knit - the perfect combo.
- Chunky Knits, Sweatshirts & Cardi's. Ever since I was introduced to Isabel Marant many years ago, i've been a fan of the sweatshirt. Take a look at Urban outfitters renewal section for the perfect blush pink colour sweatshirt, I can't wait to pick some up. Another way to feel fall ready is a long sleeve cardi worn with nothing underneath and buttoned down. It gives off a chic look without feeling too old and outdated.
What are your favourite picks for transitioning into the colder weather? I always love to see new inspirations so tweet me or link me your pinterest boards & let me know what you think.
Have a great week!
All Images - Chris Allan.
SHOP THE POST: